SMART FIRE PREVENTION SYSTEM INSTALLED IN ASSISTED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT
What was the need?
Wilberforce House offers 30 one-bed, open-plan purpose-built, self-contained apartments especially for people with a visual impairment and other disabilities; the first of its kind in the area. The apartments utilise smart home and assistive technology personalised to the tenants lifestyle needs.
The fire safety consultant’s report included recommendations for additional fire safety measures including the ability for cooker hobs to be switched off by an alarm, as kitchen fires are a significant risk with 50% of all accidental house fires starting in the kitchen.
The Firechief Kitchen Stove Guard was chosen to be fitted in all of the apartments. The Kitchen Stove Guard is a smart way to guard against kitchen fires because it cuts off the electricity supply if the hob has been left on accidentally before the formation of toxic gases and before a fire is ignited. The cooker is reactivated simply by resetting the system once the cause of the alert has been investigated and controlled.
- Continuous 24/7 protection for peace of mind. The device monitors and adapts to the occupiers cooking style
- Intelligent fire safety technology which prevents fires long before they can start
- Signed off by the Fire Safety Consultant
- Easy installation - undertaken by the electrical contractors already working on site
- No annual maintenance or monthly testing
- Lower cost – less than half the cost of a fire suppression system
SIGN UP TO OUR NEWS AND INSIGHTS