Many of today’s fire alarm installations have detectors in places which are very difficult to access. Examples include lift shafts, voids, warehouses and manufacturing plants. This has caused a problem when it comes to testing these units on the ongoing maintenance program.
The Scorpion detector testing kits are a solution to this problem. The test unit is permanently installed with the detector and then connected to a control panel in an easy access area. Service engineers can then conduct a test of the detector via the panel as opposed to having to access the detector itself.
So where is Scorpion used? Here’s a few of the examples:
- Detectors in secure areas such as prisons, clean rooms, military premises etc.
- Detectors in public areas such as airports, shopping malls, hospitals etc.
- Detectors in hazardous areas (including detectors at height)
- Detectors in awkward locations such as lift shafts and voids etc.
And what are the benefits? There are many – for example:
- Reduced testing time for service engineers (allowing them to make more money as the have more time)
- Reduced cost due to no special equipment being required
- Reduced disruption to public and secure areas
- Reduced need for out of hours work
Interested? You can see the Scorpion products on the website or call us on 0330 999 2233 to discuss the units further.