SMART FIRE PREVENTION SYSTEM INSTALLED IN ROCHDALE TOWN CENTRE APARTMENTS
What was the need?
The Riverside development consists of residential apartments in Rochdale Town Centre. It includes two nine-storey apartment blocks comprising a mix of 240 one- and two-bedroom properties for private rent. The Fire regulations which apply to high-rise living accommodation meant that the kitchens in the apartments would require a fire suppression unit complete with sprinklers to be fitted.
As fire suppression units need to be installed and maintained by a specialist engineer and can also cause damage within a property should they be activated due to a fire, the Firechief Kitchen Stove Guard was chosen as an alternative, unobtrusive design-led fire prevention solution to be fitted into all 240 apartment kitchens.
- Sleek sensor design
- Intelligent fire safety technology which prevents fires long before they can start. The heat sensor activates the cooker switch when pre-fire conditions are detected instead of reacting to extinguish a fire once it has actually begun
- Easy installation, undertaken by the electrical contractors already working on site rather than a specialist fire suppression installation engineer
- Continuous 24/7 protection for peace of mind. The device monitors and adapts to the occupiers cooking style
- Automatic fault diagnosis constantly analyses the Kitchen Stove Guard’s function when the hob is in use – no monthly testing
- Lower cost – less than half the cost of a fire suppression system No annual maintenance required
- No annual maintenance required
- Fulfils the requirements of Stove Guard Standard EN 50615
- 2-year warranty
SIGN UP TO OUR NEWS AND INSIGHTS