A total of 246 Firechief Kitchen Stove Guards have been installed in luxury apartments at One Crown Place, the latest high-rise addition to London’s skyline. Located between the City of London and Shoreditch, the development features two architect designed prismatic towers of 28 and 33 storeys.
Fire safety challenge
Each of the apartments has an open plan, Italian designed kitchen area so to comply with the Fire Safety regulations for high-rise living accommodation, each apartment needed to be fitted with a kitchen fire suppression system meaning highly visible pipework, detection mechanisms and nozzles spoiling the aesthetic finish of the properties.
In addition, these types of systems activate when fire is detected and cause collateral damage when the extinguishing chemicals are discharged. They also need to be installed and maintained by a specialist technician. Due to all these factors, the team of architects, designers, and builders responsible for the development were open to the idea of an alternative, unobtrusive design-led fire prevention solution.
Firechief Kitchen Stove Guard chosen as the solution
The fitting of the Firechief Kitchen Stove Guard solution brought a number of benefits to the One Crown Place apartments:
- Sleek sensor design, sympathetic to the design led décor of the apartment kitchens
- Intelligent fire safety technology which prevents fires long before they can start. The heat sensor activates the cooker switch when pre-fire conditions are detected instead of reacting to extinguish a fire once it has actually begun
- Easier and simpler installation – undertaken by the electrical contractors already working on site rather than a specialist fire suppression installation engineer
- No annual maintenance required
- Lower cost – less than half the cost of a fire suppression system
- Continuous 24/7 protection for peace of mind. The device monitors and adapts to the occupiers cooking style
- Automatic fault diagnosis constantly analyses the Kitchen Stove Guard’s function when the hob is in use – no monthly testing
- Fulfils the requirements of Stove Guard Standard EN 50615
How it works
The Firechief Kitchen Stove Guard is a device that works out when the temperature of cooking is too high (and therefore potentially hazardous) and turns off the source of ignition, effectively preventing kitchen fires before they start. This creates a safer home for the tenants and owners of flats and luxury apartments. The Firechief Kitchen Stove Guard is a smart way to guard against kitchen fires because it responds before the formation of toxic gases and before a fire is ignited. It will even cut off the electricity supply if the hob has been left on accidentally – the setting for this can be tailored to individual installations. The cooker is reactivated simply by resetting the system once the cause of the alert has been investigated and controlled. The device is designed to work with all electric hobs.
Here at Firechief, we want you to feel safe. Our mission is to work hard every day to protect lives and property from fire by providing a range of fire safety products that can be trusted to perform when the heat is on.
The Firechief range of products set the standard for those who are seeking competitively priced, superior quality UK-approved fire safety products. The range includes high-performance fire extinguishers, fire blankets, first aid kits and lithium-ion battery fire extinguishers.
For more information, call us on +44 (0)330 999 0019 or email email@example.com.